Patient Arrival Policy
For Your Protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms. All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash.
Drop-Off appointments are available for your convenience. That means you can bring your furry family at the time that works best for you and your schedule and you can leave him/her with us for a couple of hours. Usually we kindly ask you to drop off sometimes in the morning. Once the doctor is done, he will give you a call to go over the diagnosis and give you discharge instructions.
We operate primarily by appointment to allow ample time for all patients and scheduled appointments including surgical procedures. We make a sincere attempt to see each client on time. Please kindly notify us if you are not able to keep your appointment.
We require full payment at the time that services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept cash, American Express, Visa, Discover, MasterCard and Debit.
If your pet is facing an emergency, do not fill out the form requesting an appointment. Instead, call our office immediately.
- Scheduled Appointments are required. Your pet can be dropped off as early as 8:00 am and picked up no later than 6:00pm during our regular opening hours. They will have constant access to fresh water and will be walked several times throughout the day. Occasionally we are able to accommodate requests for a specific pick up time. Due to the number of pets scheduled each day, these special requests are limited and must be requested at the time the appointment is made. A good contact number is required so we may call you when your pet is ready to go home. Due to different stages each pet will go through to receive their completed grooming, it may be necessary for your pet to spend a good part of the day at our facility. The drop off times do not reflect the order in which your pet will be groomed.
- To ensure your pet’s safety and health, Good Shepherd Pet Hospital requires all dogs be current on their Rabies, Distemper, Bordatella and Influenza vaccines and cats to be current on their Rabies and Distemper vaccines prior to being admitted for grooming.
- If vaccinated at another facility, proof of vaccinations are required.
- The health of your Pet is # 1 priority and as we walk with your pet each step of the way, we want to ensure that they are happy, safe and healthy. If your pets not on flea prevention and they currently suffer from fleas they will require treatment and start on flea prevention at least one week prior an appointment. If a pet shows up for grooming appointment and has flea problem, he or she will be seen by our veterinarian to address and treat your pet from fleas prior proceeding with the grooming service, also the grooming appointment might be postponed for a later visit.
Because this exceptional grooming service is a part of our veterinary hospital, you can rest assured that whenever a medical emergency arise while your pet is with us, he or she will have immediate access to our professional veterinary staff.
- All boarding animals must be up to date on all vaccines at the time of admission (Bordetella IN, Rabies, Distemper, Canine Influenza) all vaccines must be given by a veterinarian (verification required)
- All animals has to be up to date on flea and tick prevention and has to be administered by veterinarian (verification required)